on this page you find the rules for all competitions.
General Competition Rules
1. Closing date for all entries is listed on page 3 and will be strictly adhered to.
2. You must use a separate entry form, for each person, for each section. 3. Sections may include up to three levels and these will be:
Beginner / Novice (convener may use either word): This is a person that has not won more than 3 first prizes in that class at a show.
Intermediate / Hobbyist (convener may use either word): This is a person who is experienced in their field, includes those who have won three first prizes as a beginner / novice in that class.
Open / Professional (convener may use either word): A person who teaches or sells products i.e. has a monetary gain from their craft or hobby or a person who has won three first prizes in the intermediate / hobbyist level.
4. Any queries should be referred to the respective convener.
5. All exhibits must be the exhibitor’s own work unless otherwise specified.
6. If an exhibit is entered in the wrong class, the section convener has the right to relocate to the correct class.
7. Exhibitors must write description on cards as listed in book.
8. Junior exhibitors – 16 years and under – must state age on card and entry forms.
9. All entries in main stadium to be staged at times stated, unless prior permission is received from the section convener.
10. Exhibits arriving after staging times have been closed may, by permission of the convener, be exhibited, but NOT judged for competition.
11. The judges are empowered to award a prize, whether there are one or more exhibits, providing they deem the exhibit worthy.
12. A judge may award a second prize in lieu of first or third prize in lieu of second.
13. Protests, in writing, and accompanied by a deposit of $30 (horses see Section A rules), must be lodged with the Secretary before 3pm Saturday. Deposit to be forfeited if the protest is not upheld. Any prize may be withheld in consequence of a protest, and shall be dealt with by the committee, whose decision shall be final.
14. Entries must be collected between 3pm and 4pm Sunday. The Stadium and Hughes Pavilion are closed between 2pm and 3pm to prepare for removal of exhibits and will be in lockdown – no one can enter during these times.
No exhibit is to be removed before 3pm on the last day of the show unless special permission obtained. No exhibits to be removed without knowledge of the section convener, and showing of receipt card. This will be strictly enforced.
15. Prize money paid in each section, can be collected from the section convener between 3pm and 4pm on Sunday. Horses will be paid during the competition.
16. IT IS UP TO THE EXHIBITOR TO COLLECT THEIR EXHIBITS.
NO EXHIBITS WILL BE HELD AFTER THE SHOW CLOSING ON SUNDAY.
17. PRIZE MONEY not collected on show day is to be collected from the Show Society Office Monday 22nd and Tuesday 23rd August between 10am and 4pm, after which all unclaimed monies will be forfeited to the Society funds.
18. Every possible care will be taken of exhibits, but the Society will not be responsible for any damage or loss that may occur.
19. Any exhibitor giving false information about their exhibit with the intention of deceiving or defrauding the Society shall be banned from exhibiting, and particulars of the case recorded in the Society’s proceedings.
20. Any exhibit entered for competition deemed to be offensive in any way, or liable to cause injury to exhibitors or the public, shall be removed, if considered necessary by the Secretary or President.
21. Any exhibitor found interfering in any way with prize cards shall forfeit all prizes awarded to them.
22. No exhibit is eligible for a prize in more than one class (Section A exempt).
23. Any exhibitor or attendant with an exhibit, or person giving annoyance to the Judge, making use of abusive language to the Committee or Secretary, shall be liable to have his/her exhibit disqualified and removed from the Showground.
24. Previous prize-winning entries from either 2018 or 2019 shows are not eligible. (Section A, B, D & U exempt).